The Art of Perseverance – Letters from Marseille
I’ve discovered 3 things today.
- That if you persevere, and absolutely do not give up, you can, actually be rewarded with that extremely coveted document. It’s called a CARTE VITALE. This means, that David is now enrolled in the French Social Security System and reimbursed for any medical expenses. Since we’re married, I’m entitled to same. YEAH!!! . A more than a 11 month process!!!
- I made a new friend yesterday on the bus. I normally sleep, but knew I needed a piece of paper for my notes and asked to borrow one (in French from this middle school girl). She gladly gave me one and then moved over to the seat next to me. We talked the rest of the way into Marseille, I checked her ENGLISH WORKBOOK, and she helped me with my FRENCH. What a cute little girl and sooooo nice, – like my grand girls!!!!!
- If David is to participate in the cooking process and be happy doing thus, then he will need his own Bar-b-Q in order to do this.
- If that happens, I have figured that with the cost of a little Hibachi, the cost of the briquets, the cost of the fuel, that our “meaty meal bar-b-Q” would no doubt cost us 4 times as much as if I were to slap it on the top of the stove.
- My stove, ofcourse is only 2 hot plates. But they rock.
- I wonder if the proprietaire thinks we’re smoking pot since I have the incense going.
- Ahhhhh, the things you think about, while putting away the groceries!!
- I have to leave you now. I need my croissant
French notes and study awaiting. And there’s a LOT to re-type! I love my French class!!!!
I leave you with this tiny video in the large outdoors…………………….
Hmmm; Guess I’m out of VIDEO SPACE. (Must be -the last fisherman video did it in). So, I’ll have to buy more space to allow videos to just “appear”. In the meantime, to see the video, copy and past the link above that ends with MOV. It’s beautiful (and short).
The wait is over! ……My Carte Vitale has arrived…..life is good!
Great that you make friends so easily….even on a bus!
YOU are the most patient person In the ENTIRE world!!!!! I would have split/given up by now, if it were me. Truly.